1. SE@UVA Fellowships
New Vinegar Hill Project is currently accepting applications for paid 2017/2018 Research & Design Fellow positions. Together with a committee of community leaders and with support through the Provost's Flash Funding program, we will draw on the expertise, research and resources of the University to proactively support the building of a strong and growing black middle and upper class through a robust African-American community led redevelopment initiative including affordable housing, entrepreneurship and career pathways. Application Deadline Friday October 20th. Apply HERE.
The Pay for Success Lab is currently accepting rolling applications for its 2017/18 volunteer Fellow positions. The Fellowship is an excellent opportunity to learn about important policy issue areas, gain familiarity with evidence-based policy and impact investing, and create real change in communities. You may access the application HERE.
The Social Enterprise in Dominica Fellowship is currently accepting applications for its Spring 2018 fellows. The Fellowship was founded through a partnership between SE@UVA and the UVA Chapter of Net Impact.This is an opportunity for ten students to engage in a semester long social enterprise
research project in the Spring semester of 2018. The research will be centered on the sustainable development of a specific industry in Dominica. The fellowship will culminate in a two-week trip to Dominica through Batten's Global Field Experience Course from May 13- 26, 2018 where students will implement their business plan for their project of choice. Applications are rolling through January 1, 2018. You may access the application HERE.
Social Entrepreneurship Fellows - The Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship application process has closed for the 2017-2018 year.
- See below for other opportunities, and check back in Fall 2018 for new Fellowships!
- Royster-Lawton Fellowship in Social Enterprise (annual deadline: January 17th) – Summer Funding to support an internship with a social enterprise.
- SE@UVA Global Field Experience Scholarships (annual deadline: end of January) – Summer scholarship to global field experience classes in Dominica and India
- Other global internship scholarships can be found here
4. MLK Social innovation challenge
- Join us in celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by calling up the UVA community to find innovative and creative solutions to one of the most vexing social problems of our city: affordable housing. Find out how to get involved in this challenge here.
- The application deadline for the innovation challenge is February 22, 2018.
5. Join an Incubator Program
- Halcyon Incubator - Application Deadline October 17, 5pm EDT
- Global Social Benefit Institute - Application Deadline October 20th
- Echoing Green - Application Deadline October 24th
- Mentor Capital Network - Application Deadline November 6th
- Fledge - Application Deadline January 6th
- Agora Partnerships - Application Open Now
- SeedSpot - Several programs with various application dates
- Uncharted - Various deadline
- Village Capital - Various opportunities
6. Attend a conference
- Clinton Global Initiative U - October 13-15 in Boston, MA
- Ignite Retreat - October 20-22 in Asheville, NC
- IMPACT - March 1-4 in Dayton, OH
- Ashoka U - April 5-7 in Boston, MA
- Ignite Retreat - April 6-8 in Raleigh, NC
- Classy Collaborative - June 12-14 in Boston, MA