Royster-Lawton Fellowship (annual deadline: January 21st) – Today, more than ever, people want to work for companies that have a social mission. The Royster-Lawton Fellowship wants to help fund your summer internship with the venture of your choice. Internships can be with a for-profit or non-profit, the only requirement is that the organization emphasizes a commitment to purpose. Fellows will receive $3,000 and benefit from coaching, resume and cover letter development as well as professional guidance. Our experienced staff can match you with a social enterprise according to your interests, or you can choose your own. You can find additional information and eligibility requirements HERE.
The Social Enterprise in Dominica Fellowship The application process for the Social Enterprise in Dominica Fellowship has closed.
New Vinegar Hill Project Fellows - The application process for the New Vinegar Hill Project has closed. If you're interested in volunteering on this research project, please come by our office hours.
The Pay for Success Lab - currently accepting rolling applications for its 2017/18 volunteer Fellow positions. The Fellowship is an excellent opportunity to learn about important policy issue areas, gain familiarity with evidence-based policy and impact investing, and create real change in communities. You may access the application HERE.
Social Entrepreneurship Fellows - The Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship application process has closed for the 2017-2018 year.
- See below for other opportunities, and check back in Fall 2018 for new Fellowships!
- Global internship scholarships can be found here
4. MLK Social innovation challenge
- Join us in celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by calling up the UVA community to find innovative and creative solutions to one of the most vexing social problems of our city: affordable housing. Find out how to get involved in this challenge here.
- The application deadline for the innovation challenge is February 22, 2018.
DRAPER COMPETITION FOR COLLEGIATE WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS OPENS The annual Draper Competition for Collegiate Women Entrepreneurs is designed to hone the skills that undergraduate women need to advance through the process from idea to venture creation. Through three rounds of competition, students demonstrate an understanding of a problem, why the problem requires a new venture to address it, how their idea presents the best solution to the problem, and what resources, partnerships and activities it takes to successfully launch the venture. MORE INFO
eMERGE STARTUP SHOWCASE APPLICATIONS- DUE February 7, 2018 Think you might be on to something big? Showcase your innovation at eMerge Americas and compete with over 100 startups from around the globe. With hundreds of angel investors and venture capitalists on the EXPO floor, the exposure alone is powerful. Winning has its perks, too-a suite of prizes. Registration for the 2018 Startup Showcase is now available. Deadline for applications is February 7, 2018. MORE INFO
RICE BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION - DUE February 9, 2018 The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world's richest and largest graduate-level student startup competition. It is hosted and organized by the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University's internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship. This is the 18th year for the competition. In that time, it has grown from nine teams competing for $10,000 in prize money in 2001, to 42 teams from around the world competing for more than $1.5 million in cash and prizes. MORE INFO
NEW VENTURE CHAMPIONSHIP APPLICATION-DUE February 19, 2018 Teams from elite universities come to Portland every year to pitch their venture plans and vie for more than $50,000 in cash prizes. The competition is the Pacific Northwest's original six-round business competition, setting the standard followed by others. Deadline to apply is February 19, 2018. MORE INFO
BIG BANG! BUSINESS COMPETITION APPLICATION-DUE February 21,2018 UC DAVIS' annual Big Bang! Business Competition provides a forum for UC Davis and the broader community to collaborate, develop and test business visions and plans. The Big Bang! provides a rich immersion for students, faculty, researchers and community members interested in starting or growing a business venture. In addition to the competition, the Big Bang! offers a comprehensive series of workshops for building entrepreneurial skills. Final registration deadline is February 21, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. MORE INFO
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR STUDENT STARTUP MADNESS Student Startup Madness is a nationwide tournament-style competition for college student digital media startups, culminating with national finals at South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive in March. MORE INFO
- We are excited and proud to announce that the ninth annual Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) is officially open for Venture Path applications! Submit your education venture at www.educationcompetition.org for the opportunity to win a share of $100,000 in cash prizes.
6. Join an Incubator Program
- Halcyon Incubator - Application Deadline October 17, 5pm EDT
- Global Social Benefit Institute - Application Deadline October 20th
- Echoing Green - Application Deadline October 24th
- Mentor Capital Network - Application Deadline November 6th
- Fledge - Application Deadline January 6th
- Agora Partnerships - Application Open Now
- SeedSpot - Several programs with various application dates
- Uncharted - Various deadline
- Village Capital - Various opportunities
7. Attend a conference
- Clinton Global Initiative U - October 13-15 in Boston, MA
- Ignite Retreat - October 20-22 in Asheville, NC
- IMPACT - March 1-4 in Dayton, OH
- Ashoka U - April 5-7 in Boston, MA
- Ignite Retreat - April 6-8 in Raleigh, NC
- Classy Collaborative - June 12-14 in Boston, MA